I’ve had a weird issue with bluetooth earphones since I updated my macOS version to Catalina. It looks like it’s not yet been fixed and from time to time it just reappears.
The issue is that you pair the earphones with your Mac and then everything works fine. You turn them off and back on after a while and they’re no longer recognized as an audio output device.
Then you reboot and everything gets back in a working state.
What I found out is that it’s probably just an issue with two services that are behaving in a weird way.
My solution is the following:
- Open a terminal
- Run the following commands
$ sudo launchctl stop com.apple.audio.coreaudiod $ sudo launchctl stop com.apple.audio.systemsoundserverd $ sudo launchctl start com.apple.audio.coreaudiod $ sudo launchctl start com.apple.audio.systemsoundserverd